SAN DIEGO, 4 Oct. 2005. Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) announced today that it has been awarded an $8.5 million cost-plus-fixed-fee, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for program management, engineering, and technical services in support of the U.S. Navy Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) Program Office, in Mechanicsburg, Penn.
The contract includes four one-year options, which, if exercised, would bring the total estimated value of the contract to $105 million.
Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) is a basic building block in the Department of Defense's (DoD) efforts to provide timely total asset visibility. AIT gives the DoD the capability to track and control items over their lifecycle, support knowledge-enabled logistics and readiness, increase inventory accuracy and reduce redundant requirements.
Work, which is expected to be completed by September 2006, will be performed in Mechanicsburg, Pa., and Washington, D.C.
"SAIC and its subcontractor team bring valuable Navy logistics experience and practical integration expertise in AIT technical development and insertion," said Jim Cuff, general manager of SAIC's Logistics and Engineering Solutions Business Unit. "Our team has had a key role in the Department of Defense's unique identification (UID), radio frequency identification (RFID) and common access card implementations. Our success has resulted from maintaining close liaison with the commercial community, engaging with industry standards organizations and bringing a high level of quality management and operational analysis."
SAIC team members include:
* Alien Technology Corp., Morgan Hill, Calif.;
* AMSEC, Norfolk, Va.;
* Avery Dennison, Strongsville, Ohio.
* Coalescent Technologies Corp., Orlando, Fla.;
* Commerce Events, Cupertino, Calif.;
* Genco Distribution Systems, Blawnox, Pa.;
* Information Control, Gaithersburg, Md.;
* Intermec Technologies Corp., Everett, Wash.;
* Key Logic Systems, Columbia, Md.;
* LogCon Group, Davenport, Iowa;
* Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena, Miss.;
* Navigational Sciences, North Charleston, S.C.;
* PRINTRONIX, Irvine, Calif.;
* RFID Global Solutions, Rogers, Ark.;
* SAVI Technology, Sunnyvale, Calif.;
* Symbol Technologies, Holtsville, N.Y.;
* Target Systems, Mechanicsburg, Pa.;
* United Negro College Fund Special Programs, Fairfax, Va.;
* UPS Supply Chain Solutions, Alpharetta, Ga.;
* Veterans Enterprise Technology Solutions, Reston, Va.; and
* WFI Government Services, Manassas, Va.
As stated in its contract, SAIC will provide all necessary personnel, management, administrative and technical services and incidental materials required to meet the requirements of the Navy AIT Program Office.
SAIC is the largest employee-owned research and engineering company in the United States, with annual revenues of $7.2 billion and more than 43,000 employees in over 150 cities worldwide. SAIC engineers and scientists solve complex technical problems in national security, homeland security, energy, the environment, space, telecommunications, health care, and logistics. For more information, see www.saic.com.