The KA Series connector family is part of Smiths Connectors’ portfolio of interconnect solutions designed and developed for rugged applications in the military, aerospace and commercial aviation markets. The KA Series is a highly engineered connector family that has gained a reputation for reliability under all varieties of extreme environmental conditions.
Utilizing the field-proven capabilities of the Hypertac® hyperboloid contact technology, the KA Series provides immunity to detrimental fretting due to shock and vibration, industry leading mating cycles and durability in a connector that meets the performance requirements of MIL-DTL 55302. With more than 2,500 configurations, the KA Series provides design flexibility not available with other MIL-DTL 55302 connectors. Additionally, the KA Series supports a current rating of 4 Amp per contact, low contact resistance and minimal insertion and extraction forces.
The technological innovation that Smiths Connectors has designed into the KA Series enables it to provide a significant edge in demanding military, aerospace and commercial aviation operating environments where performance and reliability is essential.
• Meets performance requirements of MIL-DTL 55302
• Ruggedized connector with straight dip, right angle solder, crimp, solder cup and Wire Wrap® termination options
• Offered in 2 to 5 row configurations with pin counts from 17 to 490 contacts
• End guides provide alignment and 36 user-changeable keying combinations
• Male and female contacts and guides available in either plug or receptacle
• 0.24 [0.60] diameter pins/sockets rated at 4 Amps
• Pitch of 0.100 [2.54] on center
• -Adjacent rows offset by 0.05 [1.27] to allow straight printed circuit traces
• Average insertion/extraction force of 1 oz. per contact
• Contacts removable from wiring side
• -Front release, rear removable
• -Front release, front removable option available with 160 contact configuration