The HI-8435 is part of Holt’s Discrete-to-Digital sensor family, fabricated with Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology for robust latch-up free operation. The device has 32 discrete sensing channels, divided into 4 banks of 8 inputs, each bank independently configurable to sense GND/Open or 28V/Open levels. Thresholds and hysteresis are programmable in 0.5V steps from 2V to 21V.
This device is ideal for use in applications requiring a large number of sense channels, for example “hatch open” and “wheels up” indicators. A 32-channel solution may be easily implemented using a single device, or the number of channels may be increased by controlling a number of devices on a single SPI bus using individual chip-selects. Further space saving is achieved with built-in lightning protection, implemented without the need for any external components. All discrete input thresholds are compliant to the Airbus ABD0100H specification.
Holt’s Discrete-to-Digital sensor family also features HI-8400, a 4-channel galvanically isolated discrete-to-digital sensor providing 800V isolation between each sensor and the logic interface. This device is useful in applications requiring a high level of fault tolerance, where mission critical components must be isolated from data bus faults.
● 32-channel Selectable Sense Operation, GND/Open or 28V/Open
● Programmable Thresholds and Hysteresis in 0.5V steps from 2V to 21V
● Lightning Protected Sense Inputs
● 20MHz Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
● Airbus ABD0100H compliant
● Robust CMOS Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) technology
● Industrial & extended temperature ranges available
Development kits with example software are available for most devices in Holt’s discrete-to-digital family:
● ADK-8435: 32-Channel Discrete-to-Digital Sensor Evaluation Board
● ADK-8400: 800V galvanically isolated 4- channel discrete sensor IC