Middleton, WI—Thu, Aug 2nd, 2012
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) is shipping the XPand1201, a 3U CompactPCI development platform for conduction-cooled modules. This platform supports up to eight 3U CompactPCI modules and two optional power supply modules.
With support for Rear Transition Modules (RTMs), the XPand1201 provides maximum I/O flexibility and the ability to rapidly prototype deployable systems. The XPand1201 supports up to 482 W of total simultaneous power delivery and a thermal dissipation of up to 60 W per slot. Weighing 20 lbs. (including backplane and power supply) and measuring 16.5 in. (H) x 5.5 in. (W) x 11.5 in. (L), the XPand1201 provides 100% hardware compatibility from development to deployment.
The XPand1201 can be populated with conduction-cooled 3U CompactPCI modules from X-ES, such as:
- XPedite5430: Freescale QorIQ eight-core P4080 processor-based Single Board Computer (SBC), that also supports P3041, P4040, P5010, and P5020 processors
- XPedite5530: Freescale QorIQ dual-core P2020 processor-based SBC, that also supports P1011, and P2010 processors
- XPedite7332: Dual-core Intel Core i7 processor-based SBC with VMware Hypervisor (aka ESXi 5.0 Update 1) support
- XPedite7431: 2nd/3rd generation dual- or quad-core Intel Core i7 processor-based SBC
- XChange1200: 3U cPCI carrier card supports PMC and XMC modules for application-specific I/O
- Cisco 5940 Embedded Services Router (ESR)
The XPand1201 is available for purchase in several rapid-development, standard configurations. Custom configurations of modules, RTMs, and backplanes are also available utilizing X-ES and third party components.
About X-ES — Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and builds single-board computers, I/O boards, power supplies, backplanes, chassis, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.