BLACKSBURG, VA, January 31, 2012 – VPT Inc., a HEICO company (NYSE:HEI-A) (NYSE:HEI), announced today that it is now offering a new dual output 15W DC-DC
converter with no cross regulation error.
Suited for use in commercial avionics, military avionics, and other critical reliability power systems, the new DVAB Series is a small size, extremely light weight, and able to withstand the full range of military specified temperatures. The DVAB Series eliminates cross regulation errors and offers tightly controlled line and load regulation errors through the use of two independent control loops.
Our customers demand long term reliability with extremely tight performance metrics, said Michael J. Bosmann, Senior Vice President of VPT. Through advances in power design, were answering these
needs with new products such as this new DVAB Series, which eliminates the worry of cross regulation errors for power designers.
Specific features of this new power module include:
- Dual outputs of ±5, ±12, and ±15V
- Wide input voltage range of 15 to 50V per MIL-STD-704
- Extreme reliability
- Very low output noise, 10 to 25 mVp-p typical
- Small size of 1.130 x 1.460, light 24/28 grams of weight
- Fault tolerant magnetic feedback circuit
- Undervoltage lockout, indefinite short circuit protection, current limit protections
- Full performance over -55°C to +125°C military temperature range
- High input transient voltage of 80V for 1 second per MIL-STD-704A
- Available compliant to MIL-PRF-38534, Class H
- Defense Logistics Agency Standard Microcircuit Drawing (SMD) pending
- Manufactured in a MIL-PRF-38534 and ISO9001 Facility
- Meets MIL-STD-461 Revisions C, D, E, and F EMC requirements when used with VPT’s DVMH EMI filter
- Available flanged and non-flanged versions
The DVAB Series is available with additional environmental screening options for the most demanding of applications, up to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H. Modules are available off the shelf with pricing at $340.69
per unit in OEM quantities. For a datasheet and additional product information, please visit the VPT website at www.vpt-inc.com.
About VPT and HEICO
part of the HEICO
Electronic Technologies Group, is a global leader in providing power conversion
solutions for use in avionics, military, and space applications. VPT offers
high reliability DC-DC
power converters, EMI filters, accessory power products,
engineering services for the rapid development of critical power
systems. VPT can deliver its patented power solutions in a fast timeframe, with
certified quality, at a comfortable cost. Every day the world’s largest aerospace organizations
depend on quality solutions from VPT to power critical systems. Whether on the
ground, in the air, or beyond, VPT provides the power driving critical missions
today. For more information about VPT, please visit the web site at www.vpt-inc.com.
HEICO Corporation (NYSE:HEI-A) (NYSE:HEI) is
engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and
electronics industries through its Hollywood, FL-based HEICO Aerospace Holdings
Corp. subsidiary and its Miami, FL-based HEICO Electronic Technologies Corp.
subsidiary. HEICO’s customers include a majority of the world’s airlines and
airmotives as well as numerous defense and space contractors and military
agencies worldwide in addition to medical, telecommunication and electronic
equipment manufacturers. For more information about HEICO, please visit the web
site at http://www.heico.com.