CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, 19 Dec. 2009. Rockwell Collins announced that its Pro Line Fusion avionics system completed its first test flight on the Gulfstream G250 super mid-size business jet.
The three-hour test flight was conducted at Israel Aerospace Industry's (IAI) Flight Test Center at Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv, Israel. Pro Line Fusion capabilities tested during this first flight included the high resolution liquid crystal display (LCD) system with integrated cursor control, radio tuning for communication, navigation and surveillance systems, flight management system, high resolution terrain display, electronic charts, and autopilot.
"The PlaneView flight deck, featuring Pro Line Fusion, holds the promise of an intuitive user interface, enhanced situational awareness, the ability to accommodate new technologies due to its scaleable architecture and advanced information management capabilities," says Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins.
The new Gulfstream PlaneView 250 flight deck features include:
- three high resolution 15-inch diagonal LCD displays working in concert with the Gulfstream- designed standby multifunction controller;
- high-resolution terrain map including a vertical situation display with terrain;
- Rockwell Collins MultiScan Weather Radar;
- advanced human machine interface including graphical flight planning capability;
- Integrated Flight Information Systems (IFIS) with electronic charts, enhanced maps, and graphical weather;
- Future Air Navigation System Controller-Pilot Data Link Communication (FANS CPDLC);
- dual advanced flight management systems (FMS) with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Precision Vertical (WAAS/LPV) and required navigation performance (RNP) capabilities with an option for a third integrated FMS; and
- Rockwell Collins TSS-4100 Traffic Surveillance System with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities.
Optional features include:
- Rockwell Collins HGS-6250 digital LCD Head-Up Guidance System (HUD II);
- surface management system;
- a second set of electronic charts;
- an intercontinental package consisting of a third advanced FMS, second HF communications system, third navigation radio, second radio altimeter,r and second data link system;
- a lightning detection system; and
- a second traffic surveillance system.
First deliveries of the aircraft are expected to begin in 2011.