ANAHEIM, Calif., 25 Feb. 2014. Curtiss-Wright Corp. (NYSE:CW) is demonstrating its commercial and defense aerospace helicopter solutions—including a range of rugged mission LCD displays, mission computer, network switch, video management system, data storage, and graphics display and avionics products—at HELI-EXPO 2014 (Booth #805).
Featured display, mission computer, networking, video management, data storage, and graphics display products include:
· Skyquest Rugged LCD Displays: LCD Mission Displays with touchscreen provide full 1080p resolution for high-definition imagery designed specifically for the rugged demands of defense and law enforcement applications. Some models include built-in PC featuring an Intel Core i7-based embedded processor to reduce cost and size, weight, and power (SWaP).
· Parvus DuraNET 20-10 GbE Switch: This new Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Switch subsystem delivers double the port count of Curtiss-Wright’s previous DuraNET GbE Switch products, while drastically reducing power consumption ~50% per port and reducing the unit’s volume size by ~26%. The fully featured SWaP-optimized subsystem provides true carrier-grade Ethernet software Layer-2 management features, including support for the IEEE-1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP).
· Parvus SWI-22-10 GbE Switch PCI/104-Express Module: The industry’s first 20-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Switch PCI/104-Express card, this fully managed COTS GbE switch module provides 2x the ports previously provided by earlier designs, and reduces slot-count while adding advanced Layer 2 network management features. With reduced power and cost-per-port, the SWI-22-10 is ideal for use in rugged deployed manned and unmanned military and civilian sensitive mobile, tactical, airborne, and vehicle platforms for situational awareness and network-centric operations.
· Parvus DuraMAR 5915 Rugged IP Router: The rugged Cisco IOS-managed mobile router is integrated with Cisco’s 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an ultra-rugged chassis optimized for harsh military and civil vehicle / aircraft installations. The commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution is ideal for Internet Protocol (IP) networking technology refresh and situational awareness applications, including those seeking a migration path for legacy Cisco 3200 (3230 / 3250 / 3270)-based router subsystems. It features dual WAN uplinks and is available as either a standalone 5-port network router or with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch for a total of 19 Ethernet ports.
· MPMC-9310/9321 Mission Computers: The MPMC-9310 and MPMC-9321 are integrated rugged Application Ready COTS systems. These backplane-based processing systems provide all the elements required of modern mission computers, vetronics systems, and avionics computers.
· VRD1 Video Management System (VMS): The integrated VMS provides video switching, network storage, and systems capabilities for airborne video surveillance. HD-capable VMS provides video format conversion, scaling, switching and recording supports 18 video input channels (six each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI, CVBS) and 12 video outputs (6 each of 3G-SDI, RGB/DVI).
· Vortex DTS: This SWaP-optimized, rugged network file server supports industry-standard storage protocols (NFS, CIFS, HTTP and FTP) through 4 1GbE ports. To protect critical data-at-rest, the Vortex DTS network attached storage (NAS) system offers an AES-256-bit encryption option or special encrypted SSDs certified in the UK. The DTS allows scalable storage with 3 rugged Removable Memory Cartridges (RMC) for mission, map and maintenance data.
· HMI DIGITAL MAPPING System Ready Application (SRA): Curtiss-Wright has partnered with ENSCO Avionics’ IData Visual Systems to provide pre-tested and validated HMI and Digital Mapping capabilities on Curtiss-Wright’s XMC-715 graphics controller mezzanine card and VME-186 single board computer (SBC). ENSCO Avionics’ IData Tool Suite and IData Map Plug-in have been pre-validated on Curtiss-Wright’s rugged COTS graphics controller and SBC modules. The verified solution is provided under Curtiss-Wright’s recently announced System Ready Application (SRA) initiative.
Avionics products featured at Heli-Expo include:
· Air Data Computer Module (ADCM): Curtiss-Wright will be showcasing its introduced Air Data Computer Module (ADCM), a small, lightweight air data computer, uses the latest generation of high-accuracy, high-stability vibrating cylinder technology to reduce downtime, increase operational readiness and therefore lower the overall cost of ownership. Because it is a module, as opposed to a standalone air data computer, it can be integrated with existing host equipment, such as an Attitude Heading Reference System or Inertial Reference System.
· Acra KAM-500 Data Acquisition System: The Acra KAM-500 airborne data acquisition unit (DAU) has been developed through decades of experience and heavy investment in R&D. It’s driven by hardwired finite state machines making it extremely reliable; while its compact, low power design makes it ideal for installing in locations that have limited space. The modular construction design of the KAM-500 results in reduced cost of ownership and its network native design allows large systems to be built from COTS products.
· Multi-Purpose Flight Recorder (MPFR): The MPFR provides unmatched flight recorder versatility, in a highly compact package, fully approved for current and anticipated requirements. On-aircraft download is achieved in less than two minutes and can be networked directly to a remote operational base for diagnostics and fault reporting. The MPFR is packaged as a compact unit ideal for the rotary wing or small/medium aircraft market. Importantly, this compact unit may be attached directly to the airframe without requiring bulky equipment racks or anti-vibration mounts, thus permitting optimum aircraft performance to be attained for lower operating costs.
Additional information on the company’s avionics products is available online at www.cwc-ae.com.